Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Whew!
After a week and a half, I have decided that I am DONE with Christmas decorating. D-O-N-E! It's been fun, but it's been hard doing it just me and the kids. Mathematically, it should be easy. Three extra sets of hands = faster worker. But I can hear all you mommies out there laughing.
This year, I've tried to me a little more "themey" in my decorating. I'm calling this year my Peppermint Snow year. In every part of the decorating, there's either a peppermint color scheme or a snowman.
And now: The Krajca Christmas Home Tour our front door

the kids' windows, which are on the front of the house

The lights I already had. The snowflakes came from the Dollar Tree (6 for $1). There's also a felt decorations that says, "Let it snow". The kids helped me, and I was amazed and how far some tape will go!

the mantle
This is my favorite part of the house!! I love the stockings, the snowmen, the stocking hangers. Everything!

the china cabinet
My snowman collection. Not as impressive as my mom's, but I had to start somewhere.

the entertainment center

I tried something new this year, and love it! It's hard to see because of how dark the picture is, but there are three picture frames. The one on the left is of Curtis and I on our first Christmas. The big picture in the middle is this years Christmas picture. And the one on the right is last years Christmas picture. I had fun doing it, and might do it every year now.


the kitchen
How cute is this?! I bought the garland at the Dollar Tree, the red candles on the table at Wal Mart, and everything else I already had!

the window sill in the kitchen
I bought this picture frame at Kohl's last year, at the end of Christmas sale. Three little gingerbread men, two boys and one girl! How perfect! I already had the candle holder, and just added the new red candle and the ribbon.

1 comment:

momma said...

it looks wonderful!!!