Friday, March 06, 2009

What we've been up to

It's been a crazy week here! My Mom was just commenting/complaining about the lack of posts and pictures. So Mom, here's the only picture that I've taken all week long. At least it's a good one!


There haven't been any major events that have led to the pure craziness of this week. I didn't have tutoring, so one would think it would be a fairly peaceful week. But with the dynamic duo, there is no such thing as calm!! Those two boys of mine go from one thing, destroy it, and move on. The entire house has fallen prey to the reign of Micah and Benjamin. Earlier this week, I put them out in the back yard so that I could attempt to get something done without having to fix or clean up something that they had done. They even had permission to play in the dirt! All was going well, and I was actually making headway in cleaning the kitchen till I looked out the window. Those crazy boys were trying to get out of the gate!!! Right as they were about to be successful, I was able to catch their attention and decided that we needed to talk. Micah informed me, in a very matter of fact way, that they were just going to walk to the park.


Poor Elizabeth is even seeing those two boys effect her world. She was playing sweetly in her room when the boys descended. She came to me, very frustrating saying, "The boys are... they're.... umm.... they're....??" I filled in the blank, "Being boys?" "YES!!! Will you please make them stop so I can keep playing?" I'm glad she has her own room. I think it's good for her to be able to take a break from them.


We've gone to the park, we've played outside, we ride bikes, blow bubbles, play in the play room, go to the Bounce, the Children's Museum, and no matter what I do, NOTHING seems to wear those two out! They enjoy it, and then it's off to the next thing. I've decided that nothing can match the energy of young boys!!


And in the midst of all this, Curtis is trying to prepare for midterms, and it leaves this poor mommy pretty tired at the end of the day! Curtis is being such a great student, and doing so very well with his school work. And I wouldn't have it any other way. But that leaves a lot of the daily housework and laundry to me. The past week or so has been a good reminder to me of what a great husband I have in Curtis. He's always pitching in to help, encourage, and give me a break. I'm looking forward to next week when he's through midterms and life will slow down for just a bit. And the week after that, it will be spring break!!!


In 6 short days I will be the mother of a three year old little boy! In the middle of midterms, laundry, cleaning, tutoring, and mothering those two crazy boys of mine, I'm also working on planning Micah's birthday party. We like big, elaborate, themed parties at the Krajca house!! Curtis and I decided when Elizabeth was younger that we would rather give our children fun experiences than lots of presents. So rather than getting them gifts for their birthday, we throw a big party! I enjoy every minute of party planning, and it's especially fun when the child is old enough to help and get excited as well.


The bluebonnets are blooming here. I cannot even believe it's that time of year again. But I'm having fun planning what outfits the kids will be wearing in their annual bluebonnet pictures!

So that's our life in a nutshell... crazy, crazy, crazy. And next week is looking even crazier. But my mom will be here at the end of next week, so I haven't lost all hope of having my home in order and peace.

5 comments:

Jesse and Sarah Chupp said...

I'm so glad (sorry, but it's true) that someone else is going through trying to tame two crazy boys. You're right! There is no keeping up with them. I feel like such a bad mom sometimes!

celiselott said...

Aw, I miss bluebonnets! And y'all.

Jess said...

Sounds like you all have been busy!

Is Micah really going to be three? Where does the time go? Connor will be three next month and we're debating on whether or not to do a party for him. Hope it goes well!

~Jess

Anonymous said...

what a cutie...can't wait to see you all next week.

Unknown said...

Maybe you could try cowboys and Indians...you remember, capture the 'boys and tie them up to the tree in the back yard...maybe put some hony on their little bare feet to attract the ants and watch the fun while you do an Indian victory dance around them!

Then next time they are giving you trouble, you could just show them the rope or shout and dance like an Indian...that would calm them down I'm sure.

or maybe not