Thursday, March 12, 2009

A day full of twists

Last night, as I planned out our Thursday, I wasn't looking forward to it. I had a lot to accomplish in the morning before the sitter came so I could tutor. Then I was going to tutor, come home, finish dinner preparations and anxiously wait with the kids for Grandma to get here.

As I was starting breakfast this morning, Elizabeth told me her cheeks felt hot. Sure enough, she was running a temp. We've been passing around a cold virus of some sort for almost a week now, and Elizabeth is the (hopefully) last one to catch it. I contacted all the appropriate people, letting them know I couldn't tutor, and settled in for a good day of disinfecting the house. About 9:00, I get a call from Curtis. There is no electricity in his building, so he's coming home, possibly for the day. They think his building was hit by lightning during the night.

My mom is still coming, but is running a little later than she planned for various reasons, so that gives me the little extra time I need to get things together!

This day has been a reminder that God NEVER gives me more than I can handle. I really needed a day where I didn't have to tutor, where Curtis could be home without worrying about school, when I could actually accomplish everything on my to do list and then some. I feel very blessed by today, even with all its twists!!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm sorry that Elizabeth is not feeling well but I know what you mean - a day when you can accomplish several tasks is such a great day! Hope your Mom gets there safe, Elizabeth feels better soon & you all have a nice visit! Hugs to you my friend!

celiselott said...

Glad you got a day of rest and hope Elizabeth gets better! Miss y'all!