Friday, March 27, 2009

We froze our butts off for Third Day!

Tonight, thanks to some awesome friends who helped us with babysitting, Curtis and I were able to go to the Third Day concert here in College Station. It was an out door concert, at an ampitheater. During the day, we had a pretty big storm come through. I was so worried that the concert would be cancelled. We came to find out that it was almost cancelled. The stage had actually flooded. But after a little delay, they were able to go on with the show!!!

As we walked to get in line, we ran into some friends from church, Josh and Sarah. Sarah is a HUGE Third Day fan, just like Curtis. Can you see the excitement on her face? :-)We knew it would be chilly. But we had no idea how chilly it would really be. Since it had rained, Curtis had the smart idea of bringing our tarp. We found a spot, spread out the tarp and I sat down. Next thing I know, I'm getting wet. We're not sure why, but our tarp wasn't keeping out the water. So we stood. For four hours. :-) In the cold and wind.But who cared about standing in the cold when you're at such a great concert???



Well, Sarah and I did care a little bit about how cold it was. :-) But it was totally worth it! When we left, the temperature was in the high 40's and very windy. So very cold! But so very fun!

Thank you Erin and Beth (and your hubbies!) for watching out kiddos. We had an amazing night!!


This is the third Third Day concert that Curtis and I have attended together. And one thing that I really love and appreciate is how worshipful it is. We have fun, we dance and sing along, but we also worshipped. What a great evening!


Here are a couple short video clips that I got at the concert before the camera died.



1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Wow! How fun is that?! I love Third Day, too! Was it at Wolf Pen Creek?