Monday, February 09, 2009

Our newest book

One of my new favorite "hobbies" is making books on line. This is the third one I've done and it was also FREE!! I made it at Shutterfly. Apparently, I'm a loyal customer, and they wanted to reward me. So I got to make a free 8x8 book, and only had to pay shipping and tax ($8).

I couldn't decide what kind of book to make. As I was looking through all the different layouts, I came across a Thomas & Friends layout. I chose to do a book of our day with Thomas. All I had to do was drag and drop the pictures that I wanted, add some text, arrange the pages, and I was done!!
There are 20 pages, all brightly colored and Thomas themed. The kids (especially the boys) love reading this Thomas book. Not only does it have one of their favorite characters, but it has them and people they love in it!
I would highly recommend Shutterfly!! I've tried a couple other websites, and this one had, by far, the widest range of layouts. And their prices were comparable to other web sites. I rarely use them to develop pictures, since it's cheaper other places. But for special projects, head to Shutterfly!
Oh, and if you're interested in getting a Shutterfly account, let me know. I do get free prints for recommending people (but I have to invite you). Nice plug, huh?

5 comments:

Jess said...

Too cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

it was a fun day! looks like the book is beautiful..what a fun reminder.

Megan said...

Too good for scrapbooking now? Have to make real books???

The book looks great! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your latest photo book. It looks really cute! I just got into making photo books too. I made one for Matthew through mypublisher.com but I wasn't too thrilled with the quality. It looks like I'll have to try Shutterfly next time.

Kierstyn said...

Megan, I will never be too good for scrapbooking! It would be a smart move, though.