Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Looking on the bright side.

Today has been one of those days. The kind of day where I've wondered if it would be best to send my children to Grandma's via FedEx or UPS. And it's in the midst of days like this, that I have to remind myself of ALL that I have to be thankful for. And since I have a feeling days like this are going to keep coming, I thought I'd post my thoughts.

1. I can think of several women who would give just about anything to have just one little, blond headed boy tearing apart their house. And I have two!! Thank you Lord!!!

2. I'm thankful that my children are healthy enough to be running around the house, emptying book shelves, destroying the freshly swept and mopped floor with coffee grinds and pancake mix, squeezing toothpaste all over the bathroom.

3. I'm thankful that my children are intelligent enough to learn how to open doors (even door WITH the child lock) at 21 months.

4. I'm thankful that my children love me, and want to be with me, and want me to hold them. Even if it means I feel like I never get one moment in peace.

5. I'm thankful that my children can communicate, even when I think my ear might fall off from all the talking one particular little girl can do.

6. I'm thankful that my children can run, even if it mean they are running away from me. Sometimes, they run to me, just to get a hug or give a kiss.

7. I'm thankful that my children have each other, even though they often fight, fuss, and cause trouble. I pray that they will continue to be each other's best friends.

8. I'm thankful for their sweet, dirty little finger, even when their finger do bad things or pick their noses.

9. I'm thankful that my children have senses of humor, even when I have to hear the same made up knock-knock joke for the 100th time.

10. I'm thankful for laughter, which fills my house and my life more often than not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww...why, I can remember something like this...except I got to go on alert!

And don't forget that truism that encouraged Mom and me and that we can testify to its truth:
The reward for not killing your children is...GRANDCHILDREN

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I wonder if your mom can remember being thankful for #5 because something tells me that "little girl" isn't the first in your family to inspire "thankful" thoughts! LOL!