Friday, May 04, 2007

Surprise!

My birthday is May 15th. I've been a little bummed about it since I will be huge pregnant, or I'll have just had a baby. Either way, not my idea of a fun birthday.

Apparently, my whining made an impact on my good friends, Kyle and Lindsay, and my sweet hubby. Kyle and Lindsay started planning a surprise party for my in March! They got Curtis in on the whole thing too. Never before has Curtis been able to pull off a surprise. Usually, I end up guessing what's going on.

But not this time!

Curtis told me that we were going on one final date before Benjamin was born. I marked the calendar, and was told that he would take care of the details. So, last Friday night, the babysitter shows up, and Curtis and I leave. I originally thought we were going to see Fiddler on the Roof, but had figured out I was wrong, after being told that I could wear shorts if I wanted. I clarified to Curtis that I did not want to bowl or ice skate!

We got to On the Border for dinner. We walk in, and the hostess smiles, and points to a table. "What? There's a wait!" I kept trying to tell Curtis. We walk over to a table where everyone has menus over their faces. The menus are pulled down and I see all my favorite people yelling, "SURPRISE!" I was so confused! Lindsay then yelled, "Happy birthday!" It all sunk in, and I was really surprised!

Here I am trying to wrap my mind around everything, obviously very excited. At the table were the Findley, Sherry, the Arnold, the Brunones and the Newcomers.

Now to the fun part of the evening. We all enjoyed a yummy dinner. Suddenly, I hear a loud noise, and quickly realize that someone has told the waitress that it was my birthday. She comes over, and has me stand up. She then points to my dear friend (ha!) Michael, and says that he has told her that it is my birthday, and that I'm game for total embarrassment. How bad could it be? Plus, there was a brownie waiting for me if I preformed.
Here I am, the birthday bird! I had to flap my "wings" while the wait staff sang. Keep thinking about the brownie..... It was truly embarrassing, but all rather funny. Did I mention there was a brownie, with ice cream?!?!

Check out Michael's face!
After dinner, several of us went to the Newcomers for cheesecake! Lindsay not only made a yummy brownie cheese cake, but black berry tarts. Yum!!!

I had a wonderful time! I was totally surprised! Thanks to Kyle, Lindsay and Curtis for all their hard work. Thanks also to everyone who kept the big secret!




4 comments:

Lindsay Newcomer said...

Those expressions are priceless! Especially when Michael is laughing at you.

ADish said...

Happy Early Birthday!

Sounds like you had a great time!

Deanna said...

I forgot we share a birthday!! Happy Early Birthday Kierstyn!!

Tea said...

LOL I wish we could have been there. It looks like a blast. Happy Birthday to Momma Bird!!!