Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ballet Recital

Elizabeth's ballet recital was earlier this month. She was very excited, until about five minutes before show time. Her entire class was sitting in the hallway, and she came running into where Curtis and I were sitting, exclaiming, "I just can't do this Mommy!" "What can't you do?" I asked her. "Dane! I just can't dance!" So dramatic! I reminder her that we would go to Chuck E Chesses' if she danced, and that was enough motivation. Well, at least enough motivation to get her started.

The entire class (Elizabeth is on the far right hand side)
Sucking on her finger was what she did for about 90% of the recital.
She finally started dancing at the very end, when they did their circle. It's always been her favorite part of the dance, and she loves doing it at top speed! After the circle, she did actually dance a little, and was rewarded with a trip to Chuck E Cheeses!

No comments: