Friday, February 15, 2013

Everything I need

"... And I have given to all able men ability, that they may make all that I have commanded you." Exodus 31:6

This year, for the third (or maybe fourth) year in a row, I'm doing a One Year Bible.  Maybe this will be the year I make it to March before I get so behind I quit.  So far, so good!! 

Today, as I was sitting outside Scotty's House, reading the Word, I came across the above verse.  God had just finished giving Moses the Ten Commandments as well as instructions for the building of the ark, the ark of testimony, the mercy seat, furnishings, clothing, and more.  I've spent several days reading through all the details that had been recorded about these items.  And I was struck with two thoughts.  #1 Why is this included in the Word?  #2 Wow!  This must have been a big deal and a lot of work.

When I read the above verse, I was struck with how God asked so much of His people, yet provided them everything they would need, down to the ability of the men, to make the things He'd required of them.

And then I was reminded that God has given ME the ability for every task he's set before me.  Even during the times when I feel overwhelmed, unsure of myself, uncertain of how God will use me, I can see that He has and will continue to equip me with the abilty for every good work.

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

How blessed I was this morning to be reminded that I am equipped for EVERY good work.  Whether it's being a one car family, homeschooling, taking care of three extra kids, making a meal for another family, being a loving wife... I am equipped!

It's much easier to face the day when you remember that. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So true...and such a resource when you're facing the trials of life! I love your and love hearing your thoughts.

Dad