Monday, February 04, 2013

2012: Party Time

I love parties!  I especially love planning and throwing parties for four of my favorite people, my kiddos.  2012 was a good year for parties!
In February, Timothy turned 2.  His party was a Bobo (sock monkey) party, celebrating his love for his favorite stuffed animal.  I enjoy thinking outside of the box, challenging myself with new themes, and a Bobo party was a perfect challenge.  I chose bright colors, accented with a few sock monkeys, and picked monkey themed food (monkey bread, banana muffin, and donut holes that I wanted to call monkey balls, but Curtis wouldn't let me).  The kiddos made their own sock puppets, blew bubbles, and just had fun with each other.
In March, Micah turned six, and requested a science party.  My mom and I had so much fun getting ideas for favors, experiments and decorations.  Hooray for Pintrest!!  Micah really got into the role of scientist, making an adorable "scientist face" for pictures.  Micah and I built a volcano, which we blew up at the party.  We had lab coats and goggles for all the party goers, and had a blast making slime, oobleck and lava bottles.  For the finale of the party, we made Diet Coke geysers!  Our little Aggie Scientist had a great day!


In May, Agent 005, Benjamin, turned 5.  For this Secret Spy party, I got to stretch my party planning abilities to come up with activities for all the spies attending his party.  We started out the party by fingerprinting all the agents, then having them go to the disguise station.  Once all spies were accounted for, we began spy training, which consisted of working through a laser field, marshmallow shooting, and bomb containment.  After snacks, the spies received their mission, and put all their training to work.  The party ended when the spies found the stash of cash ($100 bill pinata).  My parents were especially helpful in creating the mission for the little spies.

And finally, in June, I got to put all my girly party planning to use when Elizabeth turned 8.  She requested an Alice in Wonderland tea party.  My favorite part of her party was her!!  Some friends had a precious Alice costume, which they let us borrow.  Using Alice's dress for inspiration, the main colors for the party were a bright blue with red accents.  The theme was fun, sweet and whimsical!  The lovely ladies decorated top hats for the tea party, enjoyed sweet and fruit with their tea, then headed outside for a game of croquette.

Party planning is a hobby for me.  I enjoy taking something my kids love, and giving them a memorable day.  My desire is that they can see in a tangible way how much I love them! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What wonderful memories!!