Saturday, February 02, 2013

Happy birthday, Timothy!

Today we celebrated Timothy's 3rd birthday.  I can't believe that my last baby is three!!

What an amazing, crazy, scary, whirlwind day it was when Timothy joined out family.  The above pictures isn't even taken on his birthday!  It was taken the day after, in the wee hours of the morning.  Curtis was sleep deprived and trying to juggle care for our other kids, making sure I was doing okay, and visiting our preemie in the NICU.  Though Timothy's birthday wasn't anything we have wanted, The end result was the same.  The day he was born, we knew he completed our family.

First birthdays are big in our family!!  And after a crazy birth, a birth defect, a cleft lip repair, and just the general craziness that life as a family of six had brought, we were ready to celebrate!!  Timothy fun, sweet spirit was a delight to many.

 As a new 2 year old, Timothy loved his Bobo (a sock monkey) and we had a blast celebrating his second birthday with friends at a Bobo Party.  I love two year old boys for a couple reasons.  #1, I know that once 2 1/2 rolls around, we're in for some adventurous and challenging times.  But the main reason I love two year olds is because you can see, sometimes for some of the first times, the kind of person your child is becoming.  And I really loved 2 year old Timmy.
And now, today, we celebrate our little boy's birth.  He's continues to be a sweet whirlwind in our lives, continuing to make our family feel full and complete.  Though there are times I don't know what to do with him, there is no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't know what to do without him in our lives.

Happy birthday, sweet boy!  May you continue to grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men!

1 comment:

momma said...

Happy Birthday!! I love you so very much. You are a blessing to us all!