Thursday, February 07, 2013

2012: Another Year with Mr. Right

 It's lame and cheesy and cliche... but it's also my blog, so I can be lame and cheesy when I say that Curtis is absolutely the love of my life, and my very best friend.  2012 could have ruined us.  But it didn't.  Just like unplanned pregnancies, the death of a parent, getting married too young, having children with major medical problems, financial woes, and depression didn't ruin us.  By the grace of God, and because my husband is a faithful, good man, we are stronger and more in love than ever!  I'm so thankful that he was by my side as we walked through the trials of 2012.  I'm also glad that he was by my side for....

 ...celebrating silly made up holidays like Valentine's day with a smile on his face, even though I make a way bigger deal out of that silly holiday than he would like.

...rejoicing in our children's birth and God's grace in giving them another year.

... physical challenges.  He knows how hard to push me, to help me achieve my goals, while encouraging when when I feel like a failure.

 ... worship.  I'm proud of the man of God that he is and the way he leads our family in worship.
 ... fun nights out!
 ... sunsets and sunrises.
 ... moments of family fun, like blowing our diets to eat donuts with our kids.
 ... dancing, something new we tried in 2012, and love doing together!

... celebrating special occasions with friends, and having moments to remember how far we've come.
 ... my first time away from all 4 kids.
... purchasing our second house, and making it into a home.

Here's to another fun filled year with the love of my life!

1 comment:

momma said...

You guys have spent a third of your lives together and have face many challenges. I love you both and am so thankful and proud of you.