Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Where to start?!

Last night, as part of my birthday celebration, Curtis and I went out for dinner. After dinner, we went to Half Price Books, where I found the following books.

The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
Abide with Me by Elizabeth Strout
The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneffer
Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

The best part about these books is that, except for one, they were all in the clearance section for $1! I was very excited to walk out of the store with 7 books for only $8.66.

But, where should I start?! I'm going to be doing some traveling, ALONE, in a couple weeks, and can't decide which books to take with me. Any recommendations?

4 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Hey, hey! Well, you know if a post has to do with books, I'm probably going to comment. I have read, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, My Sister's Keeper, The Mermaid Chair and Secret Life of Bees. I have to say my favorite of these four is The Memory Keeper's Daughter, followed by My Sister's Keeper. I loved the Bees and Mermaid, too, but I thought the first two were real page turners and would definitely be good for traveling because they are hard to put down! How fun! I am going to miss luxury reading for a while! :)

Charla (SHar-la) said...

p.s. Amy has read The Nanny Diaries and actually gave it to me, but I haven't read it yet. She loved it and said ti was really humorous, very different than the other four I commented on.

Shannie said...

The Time Traveler's Wife WILL make you cry, just FYI.

Hannah Lee said...

H20 for Elephants!