Saturday, May 07, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to me!

Mother's Day came a little early for me this year. Since I savor a cup (or two or three) of coffee in the morning, the kids each made me a coffee mug. Curtis did an amazing job preparing for this little activity. He bought all the supplies, did his research, went to several stores, endured the excitement of shopping with the three boys (which included a buggy accident..... everyone was fine!) and then patiently helped the kids with their mugs.
I love how each of the mugs shows a bit of each of the kids' personalities!
Elizabeth wrote "Happy Mother's Day!" several times on the mug, drew flowers and wrote her name in cursive!
Micah drew our family on the mug. He somehow forgot his sister, but quickly added her to our family line up!
Benjamin wrote "Mommy" on the mug he decorated and drew a yellow tornado. He even drew on the inside of his mug!
Timothy even made me a mug!! I was in the other room during this little project, and could hear Timothy screaming. I asked Curtis what he was fussing about, and Curtis said that every time he tried to switch marker colors, Timothy flipped.
The final product!!!

So far, it's been a very special Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Megan said...

How fun! Good job Curtis!

Elizabeth said...

Way to go, Curtis! That is so cool. I love the missing sister, the mug colored inside and flipping over having to switch markers. And wow, Elizabeth is looking so grown up. And I love that she can write "Happy Mother's Day all by herself. :)