Friday, November 05, 2010

Sell This House!

In case you were wondering....

Yes. Our house is still on the market.

No. We haven't had any offers.

Yes. We received one "good" lead.

No. It didn't pan out.

Our plan? Our plan is probably that we'll take the house off the market the week of Thanksgiving, and try again when the market is a little better (the spring is a much better time to sell a house, especially in a college town).

I'll admit, I'm a little discouraged. Curtis and I put so much time, money, sweat, money, and effort into getting the house ready to be put on the market. I'm not too surprised that this is how it will all pan out, but I do wish it had gone differently.

I am looking forward to not having the house on the market during the holidays. I want to be able to decorate, make messy creations in the kitchen, pack to head to KS, wrap presents and enjoy the holidays without worrying about whether or not I'll have to madly clean the house to show.

Through this process, I've prayed that regardless of the outcome, I would be content with what the Lord has provided. We are very thankful for a home, for the flexibility to take the house off the market when we want, that we're not in a time crunch, and that even though it would be nice to have another room and a school room, we have everything we need in this house.

So there's the latest, in case you were wondering!

2 comments:

momma said...

waiting is never fun...but i think you have shown amazing grace through this.

Caroline said...

I was wondering. You know, it will be fine. And it will sell when it will sell, and you will be fine in the meantime! There is a reason for the timing! But I'm glad you will get a break. It can't be fun trying to keep the house show ready with 4 little munchkins.