Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Once upon a time.....

Once upon a time, when Elizabeth was about 4 months old, my house was clean, dinner was ready, and all the laundry was done.

That was six years ago.

And it hasn't happened since.

No wonder I'm tired all the time! My life has turned into a continuing To Do list. Just when I finish one task, I realize that there is another one waiting for me. It's hard to enjoy a feeling of accomplishment when there's always something else to do. But it's also easy to feel totally overwhelmed if I don't take the time to enjoy what I have accomplished.

Because of that, I am please to let you know that today I....
made a yummy fall breakfast for my family.
unloaded the dishwasher.
put away three full baskets of clothes.
disciplined my children.
have nursed the baby three times.
taken Timothy to his 9 month well visit.
made two freezer meals.
made dinner.
taught Elizabeth about horizontal, vertical and oblique lines.
swept.
given the three older children baths.
browned 5lbs of ground turkey.
made lunch.
hugged four sweet children.
kissed a boo-boo.
talked with a friend.
prayed.
kissed my husband.
Skyped with far away family.
tried to soak in the day, and savor who each of my children are, despite their wild behavior.

Whew! I feel GREAT! I hope you've had a productive day as well.

3 comments:

momma said...

good job!!

Amy said...

You are my hero. :-) I love hearing this - 4 kids, surviving and thriving and loving and praising God through it all.

Anonymous said...

I,m exhausted just reading about your day. Hang in there, dear, you are wonderful X O X O X O X O X O X O X O