Saturday, January 23, 2010

I love a good deal!

This morning we ran a few errands, trying to clear out a few things to get ready to squeeze another person into our home. One of the things I needed to take care of was a crate of books that I hadn't been able to sell at our garage sale. We headed to Half Price, and I was hoping to just get $20 for what I had.

Curtis dropped off our books, and the kids and I headed to the Children's Books section, which is conveniently located by the Clearance section. We were all enjoying looking at books, but I had warned the kids that we probably wouldn't be able to get anything. My goal was to only use money that we had gotten from selling our books to buy anything.

Curtis came back with the surprising news that we were being offered $22 for our sell backs! Wohoo! Here's what we got..... 9 books and 1 DVD! All that for $19.46!!

All the books were $1, except for the Cars book, which is really 4 puzzles, which was $3.

The DVD is The Chronicles of Narnia 2 disc collector's edition. It had been mis-marked for $7.98! Curtis asked if there was a reason it was so cheap, if maybe one of the discs was missing. The man helping with our sell back looked at it, and said, "Nope. You just got lucky!" He then turned to another employee and said, "If he doesn't buy that, fix the price!"

My children are now eating lunch while watching Narnia. After lunch, they'll all enjoy looking at new books during quiet time!



4 comments:

Kristy said...

Yay! We love "How I Became a Pirate"!

Shannie said...

Sweet! Does this mean I get my Narnia DVD back now? :)

Kierstyn said...

@ Kristy: Super cute book! I read it to the boys last night, and they loved it. Micah loves anything with swords, which right now means Narnia and pirates.

@ Shannie: YES!!!

Anonymous said...

You know I love a bargin, but you sure won the prize.!!!! Enjoy