Sunday, January 03, 2010

Good-bye snow, hello Texas!

I took these pictures on our way out of my parents' neighborhood this morning. See what I'm missing!?!



The entire time we were in KS, which was almost two full weeks, the temperature never got above freezing. Except for one day when it was in the low 40's and everyone was talking about how it felt like spring.
The big snow that hit Oklahoma and north Texas was south of us. We did get some snow, enough to let the kids play in, but that's it. But I can't even begin to put words to how unimaginable cold it was while we were there. A couple days ago, Curtis got back in bed, and told me that when it's 8 degrees with a wind chill of -7, he's really cold.
The next picture was taken today, on the KS side of the KS/OK border. Micah found a new way for little boys to melt snow. And notice how my sweet, warm natured husband is wearing shorts?


We are very glad to be home, and are looking forward to settling into a nice routine this coming week. But we will greatly miss our family in KS, and the beautiful, winter weather that KS has to offer.


2 comments:

Hannah D A said...

I think it is so nice to visit Winter and then come back home where it hardly ever reaches freezing. :)

momma said...

i miss you guys, too. you left before the cold front pushes through later this week...lows -6 and highs of 8!