Friday, November 16, 2007

visiting

Last Friday while we were in Wichita Falls for the reunion, we made the little trip to Altus, Oklahoma to see my grandparents. We hadn't been to their house since Elizabeth was about nine months old!
Not only were there family pictures in all the same places, and the same couch, and the same carpet, but my grandparents did the same thing they always do when family comes into town... cook! My Grandma kept saying how it was just a little meal, and she felt bad that it wasn't anything special. Huh?! We had a roast, homemade mashed potatoes, carrots, green beans, deviled eggs, jello with oranges, homemade gravy, and my favorite, orange drink.
The kids played out in the back, just like I used too. They swang on the swing on the back porch, watching the air planes, just like I used to.
Even though I had a lot of fun in Wichita Falls, seeing family and friends and going to the reunion, I have to say that this was my favorite part of our trip. What a blessing it was to see two people who love each other, and love family that much!
The Great-Grandparents with their Great-Grandchildren. Making new memories on the back porch swing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A great story and great pictures! I hope the kids remember these time as it appears that you have.

Thanks for reminding me...

rachel said...

sweet pictures...they look so happy!

Shannie said...

I love orange drink and watching the planes too! Ah, memories...godtimes.

Hannah D A said...

These pictures made me cry--surprise surprise! How great is it that your kids got to spend time with their great-grandparents! Priceless.