Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A dress for Mommy

This weekend Curtis and I will be making our way back to his hometown for his 10 year highschool reunion. We are very much looking forward to spending time with family and friends, as well as having some fun! Friday night we will have highschool football (where we will get to see our nephew in the band!) and tailgating. Saturday is a family picnic for the reunion and in the evening the formal part of the reunion and dinner and dancing.

Thanks to a surprise package from my mom, I now have some cute new pants and shirts to wear. But I wasn't sure what I should wear for Saturday evening's festivities. This past weekend, I began going through my closet. I found an old bridesmaid's dress (thanks Kristy Bell!) that fit, and looked good. Too formal, I decided. I had my bridesmaid's dress from Megan's wedding, but again too formal (and too big). I found a little black dress that fit. But I think my legs must have gotten longer, since it was a tad bit to short. And by a tad bit, I mean there is no way that I would wear it out of the house! So, I had my friend Rachel A. on stand by, ready to take in or cut either of the bridesmaid dresses.

Next step, I called my wonderful sister, Shannon and she is mailing me two dresses that might work. But just in case they didn't fit, I began to shop for something reunion appropriate. At Target, I found several outfits that were inexpensive, looked good on the hanger, and would fit. One such dress was a brown dress with cream spots. I put it one in the dressing room, looked in the mirror, and exclaimed, "I look like a giraffe!" Micah proceeds to point at me and say, " 'Raffe, 'raffe, 'raffe!" Elizabeth tells me, "Mommy, you could wear that to the fall festival, and be like me!" She also told me, "You could live at the zoo!" At that point, I knew this dress was a dud.

But have no fear, I found an outfit that will work and my super sister has mailed me two dresses. Stay posted for pictures from our weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you must have your cell phone back!! :)

Anonymous said...

Darn, I want to see the giraffe dress! ;-) Have fun this weekend! -Christi

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Can't wait to see the pics! I always love new posts by the Krajca family!