Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A day in the life of Elizabeth

Elizabeth had a very busy day today. Thankfully, she is feeling better, but unfortunately, that means she is back to her regular busy self. Here is a sampling of our day.

After we came back from the grocery store, Elizabeth went to the bathroom. She comes out saying, "Oh, no Mommy!" I look to see that she has Vaseline all over her hands. I call my mom to help her, since I was with Micah, and right by furniture that I didn't want to get messed up. Mom takes Elizabeth to the bathroom, which is also covered in Vaseline. Mom sighs, and Elizabeth offers to help "fix it." Fixing it entailed her smearing the Vaseline in her hair. I should have taken a picture of how greasy and gross she looked.

This evening, at dinner, Elizabeth offered to pray. Here's how it went. "Oh Father, thank you for this food, and that food. Bless this food " she pauses while I laugh a tiny bit and resumes a little louder, "bless this food to nourish out bodies. Praise God that I didn't say pee-pee or toot. Thank you for family that is together. Amen!" do I hear an amen from anyone else?!?

After her bath, where I scrubbed all the Vaseline out of her hair, I put her down for the evening. She had a short nap, so she was a little crazy by this time. The end of a long day is near, and both kids are in bed. I lay down to take a breather. Suddenly, Elizabeth cries out. She's somehow managed to go potty all over herself and her bed. I change her, her bed, and tell her to go to the bathroom. She does. While she's doing that, I try to finish getting everything ready to put her down... again. I go to get her out of the bathroom, and guess what she has done. Put more Vaseline on her face and of course, her newly cleaned hair.

As I sat here, typing this blog, a sweet little face suddenly appeared over my shoulder. "What you doing Mommy?" Scared me to DEATH! Elizabeth then proceeds to scale the couch, into my lap, and tell me that she wants to wait up for Daddy. I pick her up, and tell her that she needs to go back to bed. "One book, Mommy?" Sure. "Let's read the dirty book, Mommy!" What on earth?!?! Thankfully, it was a book, literally, about dirt. She is currently in bed, counting. Perhaps she's counting sheep and will go to sleep soon.

So, right now, go call your mom, and tell her thank you for putting up with all your toddler antics.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Jamison gets mad at me for saying peepee and toot; kudos to Elizabeth for breaking the habit.

Anonymous said...

Don't tell Laura any more stories like this one. I want to have kids before we turn 40.

Puente Family said...

I love your stories...you have to have some pretty awesome kids to tell stories as perfect as you do!

Anonymous said...

What a precocious child! Maybe you should buy stock in Vaseline....

(I'm Angie, Jamison's cousin...hi! ::waves wildly::)