Sunday, January 21, 2007

Why I'm not at church

This weekend might win "The Longest Weekend Ever" award.

It all started on Thursday, when Elizabeth woke up from her nap with a low grade temp.

By Friday, she had diarrhea and a low grade temp.

By Saturday, she was still the same. Micah didn't want to miss out on the fun, so he developed a rash from his nose to his knees, had green snot coming out his nose, and a cough. Now, this cough was not just a little cough. By the evening, every time he coughed, he threw up.

Curtis and I didn't get to bed till 2 am this morning! Micah kept throwing up, and Elizabeth kept having "issues" and we had to change her sheets three times during the night.

So, being the caring people we are, we decided to stay home today, and keep our germs to ourselves! But, of course, today is the first nice day in over a week. I would much rather be at church worshipping, spending time with friends, anything but this!

Today has been about the same as yesterday. More diarrhea, and throwing up. Micah still has a rash, and both kids are very tired and whiny. Oh well, at least we have a good washing machine.

3 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Have they been to the doctor? Yikes, scary, tiring and frustrating all at the same time! I'm sure your fellow congregation members were thankful for your absence today, all things considered! Hope the Krajcas are back to 100% soon!

Jamison said...

Oh, poor Krajcas. I am so sorry that you are having such a tough weekend! I have never heard of someone having diarrhea for such a long time--have you guys been to Mexico recently?
Poor Elizabeth has somebody's revenge, alright.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to not see you guys at church. Thanks for commenting at my blog. I have added you to my list of "Blogs I don't read."