Monday, September 26, 2011

Wishing for Fall

I really love fall!! I enjoy decorating, baking, doing fall crafts, staging falls pictures, and getting ready for Christmas. It's a time where I look forward to the weather eventually cooling down, though with a high of 100 yesterday, I think I'll just have to keep waiting.

With the first official day of fall this past weekend, I decided it was time to pull out all the fall decorations!
I had already hung our fall wreath. I made it last year, since it was the only fall decorating I was able to do since our house was on the market.

In the picture above, there's a drawing of a pumpkin. Elizabeth made it 2 years ago in art class, using pastels. I love it! This is now one of my new favorite fall decorations.

I tried to take the "less is more" approach this year, lest I make Curtis too crazy. Here's the entertainment center. I'm planning on putting a different picture in the frame, but haven't finished that little project yet.

The fireplace. Simple and sweet.

Our entry way, my other favorite project. I framed fall trees made by Micah and Benjamin. On either side, I hung Aggie pictures, because what's fall without football?!

This morning, I made pumpkin muffins (a family favorite, even when it's not fall!) and pretended it was a brisk fall morning as I sipped my coffee. Maybe all this wishful thinking will result in some fall weather!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I could cut and paste my comment from fb, but I'm too lazy...sorry...

Megan said...

Cute! Jeremiah did the tree hand print like your boys. His isn't quiet as nice as thiers. :-)