Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Faithfulness

This is a beautiful song written and performed by Chris Medina, an American Idol contestant. His fiance was in an accident, resulting in a traumatic brain injury. This song is about her.



The first time I heard the song, I was struck by what an honorable, faithful man Chris is. The next thought I had was that it's sad that this isn't the normal expectation for a man.

While I do admire men like Chris, who remain faithful to the promise made, despite unforeseen circumstances, I'm also saddened that this is a remarkable feat. I'm thankful for the man my father is, a man who's remained committed, faithful, and madly in love with my mother, for 34 years. I'm thankful for the man I married, who has stood by me, loved me when I was unlovable, encouraged me and supported me during the hard times of life. And it's my heart's desire to raise three energetic little boys to be three godly faithful men, who won't find the kind of faithfulness and devotion that's portrayed in this song remarkable, because it's been what they've seen and what they want to do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you, and I'm commited to help you and Curtis and to be available to help raise up those three boys of yours into men of God...especially by example.

Dad