Saturday, December 18, 2010

Processing

What a week. What a whirl wind of a week we've had.

I'm sitting here trying to explain, process, and put words to what our family's been through.... especially my mom and grandma.... in the past week.

The plan Curtis and I originally had was to head to Kansas on the 23rd. Instead of heading to Kansas to celebrate, we headed on Oklahoma City to help my family go through the process of dealing with a death.

I think the most incredible thing that's happened this week has been seeing the change in my Uncle's life. He had struggled in so many areas for so many years. He'd had a really hard life. This fall, he made a profession of faith, and less than a month before his death, was baptized. As part of the service, they showed his pre-baptism interview, where he declared, "I've been filled with the Holy Spirit, and am a new man!" The joy on his face as he said those words..... I will never forget that. And then seeing his baptism was amazing as well.

The song that came to my mind was this song.



The chorus of this song will remind me of Uncle Chris, every time I hear it.
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

Please continue to keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I love this song! it always makes me tear up. What a sweet memory of your uncle.