Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Decembers

I love this time of year! But for some odd reason, Decembers are usually full of chaos, and to be blunt, crappy events. December is quickly falling from my favorite time of year, to one of my least favorite times.

A couple years ago, I blogged about the events that happened on or around December 20th, which is the anniversary of when Curtis and I got engaged. Let me add to that list.

2008 Curtis was working at his regular job, and also working at Academy, trying to save up some money so he could go back to school. He was at work all the time!

2009 Curtis graduated with his master's degree!! Though it was a time of celebration, it was also a very stressful month as I parented on my own.

And now, 2010. I was hoping we would be able to enjoy the time as a family. And though we have been enjoying this time of year, we're had a hard event take place in our family. This past Saturday, my uncle died, very suddenly. It was shocking and very hard for my mom and her family. My grandma is in the midst of radiation, fighting breast cancer. My Papa feel just before Thanksgiving, breaking his leg, and is currently in a rehabilitation center. My mom has been staying in Oklahoma City during the week to help her mom and dad, and then traveling back to Wichita on the weekends. It's been a really hard fall for our family, and this has been the hardest of all the events we've faces at this time.

Our plan was to leave next Thursday, the 23rd. We were going to make a stop in Wichita Falls, see Curtis' family, then head to Wichita for about 10 days. Now, we are leaving tomorrow. The funeral is Thursday afternoon, in OKC. We'll be staying there for a few days afterwards, then we'll head to Wichita.

I ask that you please keep our family in your prayers. Micah and Timothy both have double ear infections, we're all struggling with allergies/colds, we're tired and stressed, and we know that we're soon going to be entering a very emotional and stressful situation. Please pray that we would bless the people we're with, that our words with be full of grace and encouragement, and that we would be able to really focus on Christ during this time.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I love you and you have been in my prayers. I pray all goes well and that you will find peace in His season and the comfort of being with those you love.

Alicia said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I know your family will be blessed to have you, Curtis, and the kids there. Praying for you!