Friday, July 09, 2010

The Pros and Cons

If you have children, have you ever been told, "You'll just forget what life before children was like!" I've heard that. And though I completely love my life and wouldn't want to change it, I haven't forgotten what life before children was like. I haven't forgotten about all the eating out, doing laundry once a month, hanging out with friends till late at night, talking with my husband for hours, seeing movies, going on dates, having time and money to do me stuff.

This week, I've gotten a tiny taste of that life again. Only having Timothy around is SO much easier! It's been a very quiet week at my house. Here's what I've enjoyed about this week:
Getting to sleep in till Timothy wakes up.
Not having to start my morning quickly.
Not waking up with a child squished between Curtis and I.
Cooking meals for 2 verses 5.
Cleaning up after cooking for 2.
Not having to play outside.
Quick trips to the store that take less than 20 minutes.
Cheap trips to Sonic.
Moments to complete my thoughts.

Things I haven't liked:
Not having someone needing me to make muffins or pour cereal in the morning.
Not having someone squished between Curtis and I in the middle of the night.
Snack time.
Hearing "I love you Mommy!" whenever I want.
Sweet kisses.
"Helping" hands.
Comments on my full hands and busy life.
Comments about my beautiful family.

Curtis, Timothy and I will leave on Sunday morning to go get the three big kids. We are very much looking forward to having our family back together again!

1 comment:

momma said...

cons--i miss them like crazy!
noone to watch cars with!
no excuse not to do housework
no sweet little voices

pros--sleeping without extra people
in my bed!
sleeping as late as i want!


but i do love being grandma!!