Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hi friends!

I'm sure you've been anxiously waiting to hear how our drive to Georgia went. Well, I'm pleased to say that it went very well. The kids did great for the most part. About the time we hit Montgomery Alabama, Benjamin was screaming. It took a good 10 minutes of me holding him to get him to calm down while Curtis took the big kids in to the bathroom. Benjamin kinda revolted on us earlier in the day and decided he was only going to take 2 one hour naps, and not eat. But, looking at the big picture, they really did great.

It took us 14 1/2 hours. Not too bad!

We've been enjoying our time in Georgia. My sister has a pool within walking distance from her house, so the kids have spent lots of time there. That is until Elizabeth got pink eye. Blah!! The boys had pink eye (very minor) before we left. The doctor gave us some drops and the OK to head east. We think Elizabeth's pink eye is unrelated to the boys, and we're all keeping our fingers crossed and doing lots of laundry hoping that Megan and her family don't get it. Unfortunately, it's too late for Shannon, who got pink eye the day she left.

Jeremiah's baptism was beautiful! Of course, I cried. Is there anything more beautiful then a baby baptism? I think not. It reminded me again how thankful I was for the opportunity to be a part of a covenant family.

When we were leaving the church, after Jeremiah's baptism, Micah and I were talking about what we had seen. Micah made a comment about Jeremiah's gown. I told him that he had worn a gown too. Micah looked at me and asked, "Was I a girl when I got baptised??" Hilarious!

Last night my sister, brother-in-law and I went and saw the new Harry Potter movie. We got in line at 10:30. Megan and I were so excited, and spend a lot of time texting Shannon and Curtis, knowing that they were about to get in line as well. The movie was pretty good. Of course it wasn't as good as the book, but it was still fun. About 2 hours into the movie, the lights came one, the movie stopped, and the fire alarm went off. We were shocked! You know you're hard core Harry Potter fans when you 1) go to the midnight release and 2) don't immediately get out of your seat when the fire alarm goes off.

Curtis flew home yesterday for class and work. My Mom and I will drive home tomorrow with the kiddos. We're undecided if we'll make it all the way home or if we'll stop part way. Either way, it's nice to know that we'll be home in just a couple days. Swimming lessons start on Monday, so we'll start of week off with a bang!

I have lots of pictures to share, but no time to upload. But we'll be home soon, and I'll share then!

No comments: