Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blood and Dog water

Being the good moms that we are, my friend Christi and I took Elizabeth, her daughter Alexis and Micah to the park. Our goal was to exhaust them so that they would take good naps.

As most of you know, Elizabeth is quite the dare devil. Today, she proved that yet again. After going down a very fast slide with me at the bottom catching her, she decided to go it alone. Not only did she do it by herself, she went on her tummy, feet first. As she (literally) flew off the bottom of the slide, she managed to whack her face into the slide. I was right there; just not close enough to do anything. I picked her up, and immediately notice that her mouth is bleeding. She is sobbing, which is only adding drool to the blood, making it seem worse. Of course we have nothing to clean her up with, she's still sobbing, and I can't figure out what part of her mouth she's bleeding from. Obviously, it's time to go home!

We put Micah and Alexis in the wagon, and I carry Elizabeth, who is sobbing and screaming, not to mention, covered in blood. We were turning onto our street when the wind picks up the hat Elizabeth had brought. Christi sweetly stops the wagon to pick up the hat. Because of the way the wagon stopped, Alexis falls out, landing on her face. Christi picks her up and says, "Of course. There's blood." So now, we have two sobbing two year olds, both bleeding from the mouth. Thank goodness none of our neighbors were out!

We get home, and try to assess the damage. Christi calms Alexis down with food (such a good girl!) and Elizabeth continues to scream and sob. At this point, I know she's hurt, but I can't tell anything more than that since she won't stop screaming! She was sobbing so much that she started gagging, which was the last thing I wanted to deal with! Thankfully, she calmed down a little. At this point, she's been crying for about 40 minutes, non stop. I notice that poor neglected Micah has a soaking wet diaper. I put my sobbing daughter down, and change Micah. By the time I'm done, Elizabeth has fallen asleep on the couch after almost an hour of crying.

Gently, praying that she wouldn’t wake up, I put Elizabeth in bed. Christi had put Alexis down. I come out to check on Micah, who is playing quietly in the kitchen. After a minute, I look over to check on him again, and he is face down in the dog water! All we could do was laugh at that point! Poor Micah was so overwhelmed by the whole situation; he decided putting his head completely in the dog water was a good solution.

All three kids took GREAT naps! So despite everything, our goal was accomplished. :-)

Alexis has a nice fat lip to show for a day with the Krajcas.

Elizabeth's entire top lip is so swollen that she can't swallow without slurping. Her gums are swollen and bruised on top of her top four teeth. She also has bruising behind her teeth.

I convinced Micah that life wasn't that bad, and he hasn't gone for the dog water again.

Just another fun day at the Krajca House!

5 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

OUCH!! Glad everyone still has their teeth. Sounds like quite the adventure!

Andrew said...

Isn't Blood and Dogwater the name of a new mainstream Christian band?

Lindsay Newcomer said...

Never a dull moment for the Krajca family, or for those who dare to enter the dangerous gates.

Kierstyn said...

Lindsey, with twin boys, I'm sure you'll be dealing with stuff like this a lot sooner than I had to!

Andrew, I'm glad you picked up on the subtle undertones in the title. We were really trying to talk about the blood of Christ washing away our dirty dog water sins. :-)

Lindsay, you've seen your fair share of drama at the Krajca house. But thankfully, you guys haven't gone home bloody!

Anonymous said...

Just think how much fun it will be when you have a THIRD mini-Krajca running around. By that time Elizabeth will be on to jumping the grand canyon in pink roller blades.