Monday, February 01, 2016

The month of LOVE Day 1

February. The month of love. The month where we florists and card companies make all their month. The month where we get to focus on that special someone.

But for me, it's also a birthday month, a busy basketball month, the month I get to travel to see my new niece and in theory, the month where I kill it homeschooling to make up for December and the first part of January.

As the month of love starts, I find myself feeling overwhelmed, insufficient, incapable and tired. I know that at times I'm being less than loving to my family. During some frantic "filly me up real quick, Jesus!!" prayer time, the verses from 1 Corinthians 13 came to mind.

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." (verses 2-8)
In the past I've done the month of Thankfulness during the month of November. This month, in an attempt to keep my focus on God's goodness, graces, mercies and blessing, I'm going to have the month of LOVE. Every day, I will post about something/someone/a situation that I love. 
Day 1: I LOVE it when a scripture verse comes to mind and encourages and convicts me.

No comments: