Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Month of LOVE Day 2


I love Timothy!

To be totally real for a moment, let me explain that this little guy was the one who sent me into my frantic praying yesterday. This little guy is why 1 Corinthians 13 came to mind during my time of prayer. And this little guy is making me CRAZY. I don't understand the way his brain works. I don't understand his words (or lack of words!). I don't understand his actions. I don't understand what motivates him. I don't understand his heart or how to discipline and get to his heart. 

At first Curtis and I decided it was just a phase. We have now decided that this is not a phase but rather a steamy hot mess. 

I'm struggling with how to show Timothy Christ, the gospel and grace. And then 1 Corinthians came to mind. Love is patient, kind and not easily irritated. 

Of course I love Timothy! But now the challenge is to show him my love even when he's being unlovable.

So happy birthday, Timothy! I hope this year that I will be able to show you how much a love you, even when you're making me crazy.

No comments: