Saturday, February 06, 2016

Month of LOVE Day 6


I love watching my kids play sports.

Sure, there are days when I wonder what the heck we've gotten ourselves into. Between the practices, the games, the traveling for away games, the washing of jerseys, the coordinating of carpools, the texting.... whew!!! It's enough to wear a girl out.

But it's worth it.

I love seeing how sports help my kids grow and mature. I love seeing how they learn life lessons through sports. I love seeing the friendships they form. I love seeing them succeed. I love being the one to give them pep talks and hugs when they fail. I love to show them how they are winners even when the score board doesn't say they are.

I recently read an article about "why I don't pay for dance". Basically, it was about how as parents, we don't pay for dance lessons (or sports) but for the opportunity that dance (or sports) provides. That is EXACTLY how I look at it. I don't just pay for sports for the sake of watching my kids play. As a family we do sports because of the life long lessons that the kids learn when playing. 

Sports is more than just a game and a score. And I love seeing my kids have the opportunities that sports provide. 

No comments: