Monday, February 27, 2012

Warrior Dash

Well, as you can imagine, my Warrior Dash training came to a halt when CPS came knocking at my door and then when the drama continued to unfold. Actually, it probably happened a little before that with traveling, birthday celebrations and Valentine's day.

I wish I was like Curtis, and could run my stress out. But I'm still not enough of a runner to find joy in running (though I DO feel better after I do it!). I wish I was like my friend and didn't feel like eating when I was stressed. Instead I stress eat, and can't imagine how much weight I've gained recently (I can't remember the last time I weighed, because I'm pretty sure I'll be discouraged by the number, not motivated).

Despite all that, I'm going to do the Warrior Dash! I won't be as ready as I was hoping to be. But if there's one thing that I've learned in the past 11 months, it's that your goals might change, but you still need to press on and not just give up. The Warrior Dash is my goal. I'm going to push on towards that goal, trying my best to get back on track in the next 2 and a half weeks. I won't beat myself up if I haven't hit 50 lbs lost. I won't be discouraged when I'm not able to run as much of the Dash as I was hoping. I will push on towards my goal, knowing that life's thrown me a few curve balls in the past few weeks.

This week, I'm working towards breaking the stress eating, and start calorie counting again. I'm also going to job as much as possible, and do a little Zumba to get my body used to cardio again. I will remind myself that though things are challenging, I still want to continue on my weight loss journey and challenge myself physically.

2 comments:

Deirdre Newcomb said...

I started trying to pay attention to what I (*we) eat around our house as well. I was doing pretty well until I ended up out of town last week. My eating was pretty good - but I drank way too much soda each day (as opposed to the water I'd been drinking). Plus the after conference events probably added a few pounds too. So ... back to lots of water and healthy choice lunches and such. Next step - that exercise ball in our living room won't just be a fun toy for the boys to play with! Keep at it kiddo - we're proud of your physical accomplishments as well as your strength as a Christian, a mom, and a wife!

Elizabeth said...

What a great perspective, Kierstyn. I will pray that you can keep your overall health in mind as it sounds like you are seeking to do and I will also pray that you ARE encouraged by the results you see. :)