Thursday, February 02, 2012

Warrior Dash


It's official.

Curtis and I (along with a few friends!) are registered for a Warrior Dash.

I've added a countdown to the sidebar to help motivate me. I'm a little nervous that there really isn't a ton of time left, and I'm just starting my training. But, as I told my friend who's dashing with me, "I work well under pressure!"

To help prepare myself, I'm doing the Couch to 5K program. Curtis loves running, and though I'm not a natural runner, he did tell me that, "You're getting there!" Hey, I'll take whatever I can get! I'm also doing some strength training, focusing on the upper body. That way, if I break a leg, or my legs just give out, I can drag myself across the finish line. A girl's gotta have a plan, after all.

Curtis has also set a goal for himself. His goal is to make sure I make it across the finish line in one piece.

Not only am I training for the Warrior Dash, but I've also decided that I want to have lost a total of 50lbs by race day. According to my last weigh in (which was a couple weeks and a birthday ago) I need to lose about 8 more pounds. Totally doable.... if I apply myself.

If you had told me a year ago that I would be chronicling my training for a Warrior Dash, and attempting to have lost 50lbs, I don't think I would have believed you. That should remind you that a lot can change in a year, and the best thing you can do is take it one day at a time, working hard, and giving your best.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

So proud of you. It will be hard but totally worth it!

Caroline said...

You can totally do it. And training generally helps with those 8 lbs :)