Sunday, February 19, 2012

In my head

Here are some verses that have been floating through my head for the past few days. Isn't God good to give us his Word to encourage us?

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic power over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand firm." Ephesians 6:10-13

"Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil." Ephesians 4:25-26

And then there are the Psalms. There have been so many that I've read, related to, and drawn strength and encouragement from. Here's just a couple.

"Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed;
he will answer his from his holy heaven
with the saving might of his right hand.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
They collapse and fall,
but we rise and stand upright."
Psalm 20:6-8

"But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity;
redeem me, and be gracious to me.
My foot stands on level ground;
in the great assembly I will bless the Lord."
Psalm 26:11-12

"But I trust in you, O Lord;
I say, 'You are my God.'
My times are in your hand;
rescue me from the hand of my enemies and
from my persecutors!
Make your face shine on your servant;
save me in your steadfast love!
O Lord, let me not be to put to shame,
for I call upon you;
let the wicked be put to shame;
let them go silently to Sheol.
Let the lying lips be mute,
which speak insolently again the righteous
in pride and contempt."
Psalm 31:14-18

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you and Curtis, and I have full confidence in you and the Lord who lives in you both. He will strengthen and sustain you; He is a strong tower, and His mighty arm will guard you. Only in Him are the light and life sufficient to overcome the world.

While scarey, this is a season that will pass. He will again prove Himself faithful to the promises that are giving you comfort.

Love you,
Da