Monday, November 21, 2011

Month of Thankfulness Day 21





I'm thankful for my grandparents. This year I lost both my Papas. I was blessed to have all four of my grandparents in my life until this spring. Though we moved around when I was growing up, and weren't always geographically close to my grandparents, I am thankful that my parents always made sure that my grandparents were a part of my life. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to talk with each of them, learn from them, learn about life, marriage and parenting, learn more about my parents. I'm thankful for the legacy of love I saw in each of their marriages. I'm thankful that even though I no longer have my Papas in my life, I have still have both my Grandmas.

Today would have been my Papa Kerry's 80th birthday, and next week would have been my Papa Jimmie's birthday.

No comments: