Thursday, November 24, 2011

The best of plans.......

Well, I didn't make it to my Aunt's wedding. Despite that, I am genuinely thankful for marriage, and chose not to change my scheduled post. However, I do want to fill the details of how the start of our Thanksgiving started off a little rougher than I had hoped.

Monday morning arrived. I had a full schedule and we were planning on leaving town. I bounced out of bed, ready to tackle the day with coffee and homemade banana muffins. As I was making muffins, Micah came out and informed me that his ear hurt. Of course!

Curtis left just after 7am to get the oil changed.

8am-9am Timothy had speech therapy.

9:30am all four kids and I head to the pediatricians office. Micah was diagnosed with an ear infection and the beginnings of pneumonia. Though it was not the calm start to the day I was hoping for, I was so thankful that we were able to get Micah into his doctor and got the diagnosis before leaving town.

I headed home to finish packing.

1pm Curtis leaved work!

2pm, Elizabeth and I were at the dentist so she could get a cavity filled. Sweet girl was cracking us all up as she chit chatted while on "laughing gas".

4pm Hit the road. Our hope was to make it all the way to Wichita, have Tuesday to spend with family, then Elizabeth, mom, Megan, Ephram and I would head to Branson for the wedding.

Shortly after we hit the road, our van overheaded. We turned it around and headed to the mechanic. We ended up having to replace the radiator. Rather than leaving Monday, we had to wait to leave on Tuesday at about 3:30.

It wasn't the way we wanted to start our trip! But we were very thankful that we were able to deal with all the car issues in town, rather than on the side of the road. God was very good to us, reminding us of how much we have to be thankful for.

No comments: