Friday, August 12, 2011

Vacay, Day 1!

The first day of our vacation was also the last day of VBS. Curtis dropped us off at the church at 8:30, with the van fully loaded and ready to go. I was very proud of us!

Curtis headed to work for the morning, then joined us for the closing assembly. He entertained the boys while Elizabeth helped my take down the decorations in my VBS classroom. We left the church at about 1pm, and headed to get some lunch. Gotta love Little Ceasars!




We ate a quick lunch in the parking lot of HEB, then ran into HEB to pick up snacks, drinks, dinner and ice for the car.

At exactly 2:58, we pulled out of the parking lot and hit the road!

Timothy took a quick nap, the big kids enjoyed reading Where's Waldo books and watching a DVD.
A few hours later, we arrived in Louisiana!!

We ate dinner in the van, trying to save money and time. Man, I love lunchables!

At about 9:00pm, we arrived in LaFayette. My Dad graciously got us a hotel there, using some of his reward points. The kids LOVE staying in hotels! It took Curtis and I awhile to get everyone calmed down enough to sleep.

When we arrived in our room, we noticed that it was a handicapped room, which meant the bathroom was enormous! It was big enough that we were able to put a small crib for Timothy in the bathroom, and he was able to have his own room. It worked perfectly!

Unfortunately, Curtis and I had a little problem with our sleeping arrangements. The slats under the mattress were poorly made, and kept falling. I didn't realize how lopsided the bed was until the next morning.

Even though it was a very long day, I was pleased with how smoothly our plans fell into place. I was also thankful for God's traveling mercies and my Dad's generosity in getting us the hotel room. It was a good start to an amazing vacation!


No comments: