Friday, November 06, 2009

Remember where we've been?

In four weeks, our family will be walking in the Lights of Love 5K to help raise money for the RMHC. As I do all the preparations involved, I find myself taking moments to remember what we've been through. How blessed we are! Our son is healthy, no longer deformed, active and loved. What more could we ask for??


But as I take time to remember, I remember the emotional roller coaster that we were on. I remember the dark hours, where I let myself think that maybe he wouldn't make it. Then I think of the families who are right now facing those same fears. My heart breaks for families who have had to stay or are staying in a RMH. But I'm so thankful that they have an option. I'm thankful we had the opportunity to stay close to Benjamin, but also have a place to go to when we needed.


As you watch the above video, please rejoice with me at God's goodness!! But also consider how you can help families who are facing the dark times of having a child in the hospital.

No comments: