Saturday, November 21, 2009

Missed us?

One week since I last posted? Yikes! It's been a while since I went that long. Here's the scoop on life for the Krajcas.
  • I had a garage sale today. It rained. I was really, really, really bummed.
  • Because of the garage sale, I decided to get rid of all my little girl clothes. I saved about 2 buckets worth of clothes, shed lots of tears, and sold a lot of stuff to friends through the week. Being able to sell stuff to friends this past week made the garage sale flop a little more bearable.
  • Curtis is less than a month from graduation!!! Now we just have to survive this very intense month.....
  • We are leaving on Tuesday to drive to KS for Thanksgiving. I'm very excited to see my family, enjoy the cooler weather, and have someone else do the cooking for a few days! I am not looking forward to the drive, laundry, packing, or having a hubby who's locked up in a room finished his masters' project.
  • We had another ultrasound this week! I'll try to blog more about that later, but the scoop is that he looks good, and is measuring 2 1/2 weeks big. Shocking, I know.
  • We are taking a long homeschool break. The house, the kids, activities, and doing it all without my awesome hubby was really wearing me out. He encouraged me to just take the rest of November and December off. Elizabeth's doing 1st grade math and 1st grade reading, so really, we can spare the time. And this is one of the beauties of homeschooling! It works with where your family is.
  • We are thinking of buying an artificial tree this year. I don't think either Curtis or I has the time or energy to buy, bring home, set up, and decorate a real tree. Not to mention that we would enjoy it in our home for about 2 1/2 weeks before leaving for Christmas in KS. We'd arrive home to a dead tree that I would probably end up dealing with.

In a nutshell, that's our life right now. We're all healthy, busy, and tired, but doing well!

2 comments:

momma said...

who's going to cook?!?!?!

Megan said...

I get to see you this week!