Monday, June 11, 2007

Prayers for Benjamin

Please keep Benjamin in your prayers. This morning he woke up with a temp of 101.8. I called the doc, who had us seen first thing this morning at our pediatricians office. Because he's so young, and his temp was so high, we were told to go immediately to the ER. Once we got to the ER, they ran a multitude of tests.... spinal tap, urinalysis, blood work and chest X-Ray. With a baby as young as Benjamin, and a temp as high as his was, this is all standard procedure. the doctors have told us that 9 times out of 10, it's nothing major.

We have been admitted to the hospital, as we wait for the results from all these tests. Benjamin is also receiving IV antibiotics. We have been told that we will be here two or three days.

Specific things to pray for:
* That the test would show everything is clear, or that it's simply a virus.
*Pray for our kids, who are being taken care of by many wonderful people in our church family.
*Pray for peace for Curtis and I. It's never easy to have a baby in the hospital.

We are being very well taken care of by our church family. And we know that we already have the prayers of all our loved ones. I will keep the blog updated, as we get more information.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord Jesus,
Thank You for Benjamin David Krajca. Thank You for Your love for him. Thank You that You have a plan for his life, a plan to prosper him and not to harm him, a plan for a hope and a future. I lift him to You and ask that You would safeguard his life. Please touch his body and heal him quickly and completely. Grant Kierstyn and Curtis Your peace which passes understanding to guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Be with Elizabeth and Micah as they are separated from their parents during this time. May it go well with whomever is watching them. Thank You Lord. We love You and we praise You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
--Hannah

Anonymous said...

Wow Kierstyn, that was fast. I'm praying. Thank you for allowing me to help out this afternoon. The kids had a fun time at McDonald's with Daddy. I'll be in touch.
Rachel

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Kierstyn,

Benjamin is at the top of my prayer list. We will be anxiously awaiting an update on his progress and diagnosis!

Puente Family said...

Kierstyn,
We will pray for Benjamin and your family. I am so glad that you blog and I am able to pray with and for you guys. I am also so proud for Curtis becoming a decon. That is such an honor to be called to that position. My father was called to be a decon and I know how special it is for him. I pray that God will bless your family. Please keep us updated. I am here if you need anything! Love, stacie