Sunday, June 10, 2007

Ordination and Installation

This morning at church, Curtis was installed and ordained as a deacon in our church. Never before did I realize how much work goes into the preparation and training of deacons and elders in the PCA! First, Curtis had to be nominated, have the nomination approved by the session, and then he accepted the nomination. After that part of the process came the tough part, the training! He went through a 12 week course studying scripture, the Book of Church Order, and the Catechism. It was so amazing to watch Curtis work so diligently, and see his excitement over learning so much. Once he finished the training, he took a written test. Then, he met before the session, where he was orally tested. Once the session approved him for the office of deacon, the church as a whole voted to accept him as a deacon. And then this morning, the journey came to an end, and Curtis is now a deacon! Or maybe I should say, the journey has just begun for Curtis!

I am so proud of Curtis and the work that he has put into the whole training process. He has done it with joy, and has grown so much spiritually. I know that he will serve our church, and our Savior, well in this position.

Since I knew Curtis would be dressed up, I thought it would be appropriate to make sure that the rest of us looked half as good as he did. Thanks again to Grandma, the kids look adorable in their matching light blue outfits (you can't tell, but both boys have sail boats on their outfits). And of course, when everyone looks good, a picture must be taken! So, here's our first attempt at a family picture. Thanks to Jim Bob who manned our camera, and Kyle who provided the candid shots. He's our self proclaimed paparazzi!


Really, my children are happy sometimes!

Apparantly, Elizabeth isn't happy about this whole deacon thing. She's heard about the meetings, I guess.

At least I can laugh at the hilarity of the situation!
Daddy and Micah
Elizabeth's face says it all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pics look great! I apologize for my belly in some of the pictures! I hope you can crop them out ok. :-)

-Christi

Kierstyn said...

Christi, I love your cute belly! But, I'm sure I can find a way to crop it out. :-)

And at least your in the picture on accident, unlike you husband in one of the pics!

It seems appropriate to have to two of you in our family picture though! We just needed one with our other daughter to make in complete.

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Yay, yay, yay! Congratulations to Curtis! Reading about his ordination and installment makes me miss my Presbyterian roots! I was reading the Anderson's two blogs and that contributed to my nostalgia, as well. I may have membership at a Baptist church, but I will ALWAYS be a Presbyterian at heart!