Friday, June 22, 2007

My lesson of the day

My lesson began with the words, "Kierstyn, come here NOW." These words were spoken quietly, but very sternly, so I hurry into the kitchen, where Curtis is standing, holding Benjamin and blocking the dog from entering the kitchen.

"You didn't close the garage door, and now there's a raccoon in the garage, close to coming in the house."

I had been working on loading a few odds and ends into the van, and had left the van, the garage doors, the door into the laundry room, and the door from the laundry room into the house, all open. The raccoon was standing at the dog food, which is right by the door that leads into the laundry room, and the house.

So, I quickly get the dog into the living room, and take the baby, and Curtis begins to scare off the fearless raccoon. After a lot of banging, the raccoon leaves the garage, only to come back in as Curtis circles the van. Stupid animal didn't even know that it should be scared!

A few moments later, Curtis went back out to close the van up (I decided I wasn't going out till the sun came with me). Stupid raccoon was back! Curtis scared it around the house, where he finds THREE more raccoons! A family. Lovely!

So, the lesson of my day.... close the garage door, and especially, close the door that could let potential rabid animals into the house.

4 comments:

Lindsay Newcomer said...

Oh my goodness! Always an exciting time at the Krajca house! (I've said that before, and I'm sure I'll say it again).

Unknown said...

lol that's funny....they just wanted to learn from ya'll!

Dayna

Andrew said...

They say that the best way to build up immunities in newborns is to expose them to the outdoors.

Sounds like good parenting to me.

Lee Nickles said...

No pictures? I'm dissapointed.

Seriously, Praise God all turned out ok.