Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mow-ee Hands

When Curtis mows our back yard, it's almost like he is mowing dirt, since everything is so dry. At the end of this chore, he comes in to house, filthy! A few days ago, Elizabeth and I made chocolate chip cookies, one of our favorite past times. Since the cookie was fresh, the chocolate was very messy, as was Elizabeth. She held up her chocolate covered hands and told me, "I have mow-ee hands!" What? After several rounds of questions, we figured out that "mow-ee" means dirty. :-) This conclusion was confirmed today when she fell onto our dirty van and she announced that she again had, "Mow-ee Hands."

Another Elizabethism for you.

Earlier in the week, we got some rain. Of course, this was the day when I took Curtis to work and was out running errands. So, seizing a teaching opportunity, I asked Elizabeth who made the rain. She has become quite good at answering any question that begins with, "Who made...." and immediately told me, "God." So, trying to stump her, I asked why God made that rain. Without pausing she replied, "To have umbrellas!" Of course! Never mind the flowers, grass and trees, God made the rain so that we could have umbrellas!

And since I do have another child, here's a story about him.

Micah has finally decided to sleep through the night! Yay!!!! It's about time. My theory on the matter is that he wears himself out now that he is mobile. He can't quite crawl, although he is trying very hard! For the moment, he rolls. And I don't just mean a little. I leave him in the living room, and find him in the kitchen all the time.

His other favorite pass time in Bumper Wrestling. The bumper in his crib is an object, that in Micah's mind, must not be left alone, but rather, should be thrown around the crib. Since this was a way to keep himself awake, Curtis and I thought it wise to pull the bumper out. That was until he got all his appendages stuck in the rails, and smashed his face against the rails (see previous post). Now, the bumper is back in the crib. It's always interesting to see exactly where Micah is (usually partially under the bumper with the rest of him over the bumper) when we get him up in the mornings.

No comments: