Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Up Donalds (another potty training story)

Here's a potty training update, for those of you who care. :-) And for those of you who really don't care, read on anyway, it's funny!

Elizabeth is doing very well. Most days, my floor stays dry, which is a step ahead of where we were last week! But now, she won't poop in the potty. Oh, she tells us all the time that she's going to, but fails to deliver the goods every time. It's kinda a given that she will probably poop in her pull-up, during her nap. This past Friday, while Grandma and Grand-Daddy were in town, we went to Mc Donalds (or as Elizabeth says, Up Donalds). While there, nature called. So, Elizabeth took the only appropriate action: run, hide, and then poop. The following Sunday, we were again at Up Donlads. Again, nature called, and the same action was taken by Elizabeth. Monday came and went, no poop. Tuesday, you can tell that nature was not only calling Elizabeth, but screaming at her! But not matter what, she wouldn't poop. Finally, she went up to Curtis and said with all seriousness, "go Up Donalds and poop, okay?" :-) My Mom suggested we go to Mc D's every day to let her poop... but I don't think our budget has a "poop" section that would allow for the inevitable food that would be bought.

And now for another potty sotry!

This evening, I was fixing dinner and Curtis was "watching" the kids. You know the plastic lid that you put on a pitcher? Well, for some reason, Elizabeth decided to squat and pee in said lid. Why, I don't know. Then, she brought the lid to me, and asked me to clean in. Well, at least no one can say potty training is boring!

2 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Hi!! Thanks for visiting our blog. Your family is absolutely adorable and it looks like you're having great fun.

We are overjoyed about our pregnancy. We are expecting twins and are just thrilled. I posted some pics of them on our blog from today's u/s. Yes, I'm very happy with the due date because I did not want to be 9 months pg with a summer baby with the heat we have around here =-).

Take care,
Lindsey

Charla (SHar-la) said...

kierstyn,

will you please post sometime soon? i'm beginning to wonder if you really exist or if I just made you up...please put my fears of psychosis to bed and POST SOON!