Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Shannon

For the past year, my sister, Shannon has lived in Bryan, just a few minutes from our home. Better yet, she worked about a mile away from our home! Last month, she moved to Wichita Kansas to work on her Master's Degree. Although we are very excited that she is pursuing God's calling to continue her education, we were very sad to see her go. This past year has been a year in which I have grew even closer to my sister. I also witnessed first hand the amazing relationship that she formed with Elizabeth. She was there to share in some of our greatest joys, and to help us through some really tough times. I had family close to me for the first time since Curtis and I got married, and that meant so much to me.

After we waved good-bye to Shannon, we went inside. I was sitting on the couch crying, and trying to decide what form of chocolate to start on, even though it was only 10 am! Elizabeth was sitting on the other couch looking sad as well. So, I asked her if she was sad. Her response, "Elizabeth sad! Get kitty to make better?" I don't think so sweetie! So, I was solving my problems with food and my daughter was thinking a kitty would help her feel better. :-)

I was going to post some pictures of Shannon's last night here, but we are having technical difficulties in that area. If any one feels generous enough to donate to the New Hard Drive for the Krajca Family fund, just let me know. :-)

No comments: