Monday, December 05, 2011

A few of our Advent projects

The kids and I have had a great time working on our advent calendar. The trickiest part was coming up with enough activities for the 23 days. So, to help me remember them for next year, I'm documenting them!

Write letters to soldiers.





Make wreaths to decorate the house and their bedroom doors.


The challenge that I've faced is balancing the fun part of Christmas with the the normal, every day stuff that still needs to be accomplished. I could easily let myself get caught up in the glue, paint, decorating and fun, and miss the daily teaching and training of my children.

Here's to balance!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That first picture totally brought tears to my eyes. What a lucky soldier who will receive that card! I'm blessed to have such wonderful mommy mentors - your family is beautiful, friend!