Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Preparing to Grieve.

My Papa (my Mom's Dad) is in the final days of his life.

And while Curtis and I have gone through the process of losing someone close to us, our children have not. Micah in particular is having a very hard time with the thought of losing his Papa. This morning before co-op, he was really struggling. He was being angry, cranky, and just not himself. When I asked him why he was acting the way he was, he cried and said, "I don't want Papa to die!" So before we left for co-op, I printed off these pictures for each of the kids to take.

My grandparents meeting Elizabeth for the first time.
Meeting Micah for one of the first times.


The last time my kids saw Papa.


While it would be easy for me to look up all the various ways experts tell you to help your child through grief, we're just taking it one day at a time. By the grace of God, we're doing okay.

Please keep my family in your prayers. A lot has happened in the past few months (my Grandma's cancer diagnosis, my Papa's fall, my Uncle's death), and it's hard to see God's goodness. But we know it's there. Please also pray for Curtis and I as we seek to minister to my mom, Grandma, and our children.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please know that I am praying for you and your family. Praying too for your little ones to see your faith at this time. Love-Marilyn