Thursday, March 17, 2011

The birthday bike

A couple weeks ago, I went to several garage sales with my friend, Christi. I told myself that I only had $20 in cash, and that I would be spending that money on clothes for the kids. At one of the last stops that we made, I found a Spiderman bike that I knew Micah would love. Since I had my hands full, I quickly wrapped my legs around it and started yelling for Christi. I spent my last $10, and started texting Curtis with my exciting news.

When he looked at it, he noticed that it would need a little work. Despite that, he too thought we had a steal of a deal, and was very excited to fix it up for Micah's b-day.

As we got further into the process of bike repair, we realized it wouldn't be as cheap as we originally thought. The repairs ended up costing just over $40!

We spend a total of $50 on this b-day present, which was a bit more than we were planning on.

The kicker came when we found out that we could buy a brand new bike for only $25 more. Bummer!

Despite the fact that the bike wasn't quite the steal of a deal that I was expecting, Micah was still really excited.




No comments: