Thursday, January 06, 2011

Vows

I know, I know. My anniversary is over. But before our December was hijacked with chaos, I had planned on doing a few blogs about our wedding. So here's the first of (hopefully) a few blogs about some of the special details of our wedding.

I love our wedding vows! When we were trying to decide on our vows I knew there were three things I wanted in our vows. #1 We wouldn't write them. #2 I wanted the focus of our vows (and our entire wedding) to be on Christ, and our love for Him that brought us together. #3 I wanted there to still be some tradition in them.

Thank goodness for the internet!! I believe my mom found these, read them to me, and Curtis and I decided they were perfect. Here's what we promised each other 10 years ago.

Curtis: Believing that God has brought us together in His love, I take you Kierstyn to be my wife. Before God and these witnesses I promise to love you, to be your faithful husband, and to lead our family in obedience before the Lord. I commit my life to you to share in plenty and in want, in joy and in sorrow, in sickness and in health, to serve Christ together as long as we both shall live.

Kierstyn: Believing that God has brought us together in His love, I take you Curtis to be my husband. Before God and theses witnesses, I promise to love you, to be your faithful wife, and to submit to you as head of the family before the Lord. I commit my life to you, to share in plenty and in want, in joy and in sorrow, in sickness and in health, to serve Christ together as long as we both shall live.

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

Ok - the vows are very meaningful and sweet. But my favorite thing you said here was: "But before our December was hijacked with chaos..."
So very glad you are getting back and doing all these posts. 10 years is a lot to celebrate and cherish. Don't let any chaos stop the celebrations!!!

Caroline said...

Oh, these are sweet. BTW, your hair was very pretty at church this morning. I meant to tell you.